Re: How can I protect a PC running Vista?

LMAO. BD lite.

"FromTheRafters" <erratic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
BoaterDave wrote:
On May 14, 11:18 am, FromTheRafters<erra...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
rpgs rock dvds wrote:
On May 13, 2:38 pm, FromTheRafters<erra...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is this Vista Home Edition?

Yes, it is.

That edition isn't built to be controlled by group policy, so you don't
need to be concerned about settings for it not being there.

The OP probably read your exact same response posted yesterday! ;-)

SeaMonkey's post didn't seem to go, when I closed the application it
saved it in "Drafts ". Upon next opening, I sent it from "Drafts" only
to see that the original was actually sent the first time *and* put in
drafts.

  • Re: How can I protect a PC running Vista?
    ... rpgs rock dvds wrote: ... That edition isn't built to be controlled by group policy, so you don't need to be concerned about settings for it not being there. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How can I protect a PC running Vista?
    ... rpgs rock dvds wrote: ... That edition isn't built to be controlled by group policy, so you don't need to be concerned about settings for it not being there. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How can I protect a PC running Vista?
    ... That edition isn't built to be controlled by group policy, ... need to be concerned about settings for it not being there. ... Dave - Once a king, always a king, but once a knight is enough! ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Several Problems; how to reset security and troubleshoot serve
    ... On the SBS security settings; I accept your response, ... On the Remote Assistance Issue I have check all of the settings as you ... What started me on the path of security problem was I had a simular problem ... Start the Microsoft Management Console Group Policy snap-in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: iNTERACTIVE LOGON welcome screen - make it go away
    ... I created a custom ADM file for these two settings ... and imported it into the GPO under the Computer Administritative templates. ... really great expertise in Group Policy often reply to posts including ... doing a gpupdate on that domain controller which ideally would be the ...