No specific rights for user who is member of admin group

Dear all,

I have recently install the Windows Server 2008 R2 on a standalone server,
created a new user and make him as a member of Administrators group.

When I login using this new user account and wanted to access certain tools
in the Control Panel, most of the options in such tools are grey out. But
when I login as the built-in admin acct, everything is fine. This shows that
even though the new user is member of Admin group, it doesn't inherited the
entire rights and privileges from the Admin group. This problem does not
happen on Windows Server 2008.

Does anyone has any idea? Pls advice.

Thanks and best regards

  • Re: Nested groups
    ... Locally or with RDC on a Windows server 2008 or Windows server 2008 R2 UAC comes into play. ... Even if you are member of domain admins you belong to it. ... So either disable itor configure at least the GPO settings under: ... However, when I double-click the folder, I get this dialog box "You ...
  • Re: server is slow when change permission
    ... The server I had the 45 minute thing on was a Windows Server 2003 member server. ... About all I've done recently on the SBS was to change permissions on a ... then having to wait another 45 for the correct settings to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Group Management
    ... >From any Windows XP domain member or from a Windows Server 2003 domain member or DC, ... where YorN is a Y if the group is a security group or N if it is a distribution group ...
  • Re: Windows 2003 Member Server on Windows 2000 Domain (Mixed Mode)?
    ... My laptop runs Windows Server 2003 and is a member of a mixed-mode ... NT/2000 Active Directory domain. ... PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups ... I am planning to add new member server with Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Ldap member server
    ... You can run Active Directory Application Mode on a Windows Server 2003 or XP member, ... Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ...