Outlook 2007 treats user cert as invalid

I have a win7 workstation in a win2003 domain with an enterprise CA. I have
installed a user certificate in my account store and configured my Outlook
2007 to use the certificate for signing and encryption.

But no matter what I do when I attempt to sign or encrypt an email I get:

"Microsoft Office Outlook cannot sign or encrypt this message because you
have no certificates which can be used to send from the e-mail address
XXX@xxxx"

The certificate is available but Outlook for some reason will not use it. I
have posted this issue on the Outlook forum and searched the Internet without
result. My thought is that perhaps the certificate is not the correct format
for Outlook.

How could I check this?
Any other ideas?

  • Re: encryption
    ... Get a digital certificate that identifies you. ... I haven't found a real need to encrypt my e-mails (since the ... Outlook supports x.509 security certificates. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Outlook RPC over HTTp deosnt work
    ... Go to remote web workplace (or Outlook Web Access), accept the certificate prompt, 'view', and 'install' the certificate - accepting all the defaults. ... > when you try to use RPC over HTTP to connect the Exchange Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RPC over HTTP
    ... We have already set up Outlook Web Access and purchase a SSL Certificate ... I have used the "outlook.exe /rpcdiag" to see if it uses the HTTP ... firewall through to the exchange server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Infinite series of login prompts for Outlook Anywhere
    ... I went to GoDaddy and bought a single-domain certificate on which ... my SBS server is the only name. ... And now Outlook Anywhere works from ... SBS 2008 Standard, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Outlook HTTPS over RPC error - Inconsistent users
    ... If the clients are using Outlook with PRC over HTTP and issue ONLY occurs ... issue which means it might be a client Outlook configuration or workstation ... over HTTPS because there is a problem with the certificate assigned to the ... With RPC over HTTPS no such pop up ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)