sigehereco

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Posted as a reply to:

Certificate Purpose

Hello,

I have a personal email signing certificate from Thawte. The certificate is
issued in my name. The certificate is installed in the system.

If I look at the certificate from Internet Explorer
Options/Content/Certificates, or from MMC, I see two purposes of the
certificate: "proves your identity to a remote computer" and "Protects email
messages".

But if I send an email signed with this certificate, and then look at the
certificate already in the email (sent or received - same thing), I see only
purpose "Protects email messages". Same in Outlook and in Outlook Express.

Why I don't see "proves your identity" purpose in the certificate in email?

--
Vadim Rapp
Polyscience

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx
.