sigehereco

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Posted as a reply to:

Certificate Purpose

Hello,

I have a personal email signing certificate from Thawte. The certificate is
issued in my name. The certificate is installed in the system.

If I look at the certificate from Internet Explorer
Options/Content/Certificates, or from MMC, I see two purposes of the
certificate: "proves your identity to a remote computer" and "Protects email
messages".

But if I send an email signed with this certificate, and then look at the
certificate already in the email (sent or received - same thing), I see only
purpose "Protects email messages". Same in Outlook and in Outlook Express.

Why I don't see "proves your identity" purpose in the certificate in email?

--
Vadim Rapp
Polyscience

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx

  • RE: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS
    ... When you obtain a cross signed certificate there is a permanent record. ... authenticated session and the client cert is not given to the gateway. ... equipment for the purpose of monitoring. ... organizations to setup their own RA and illegally fake all the SSL ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Retrieving the value types of the values under the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESecurityAppInstallMicro
    ... Our application is signed with privileged Test certificate... ... [certificate given by microsft for ... development purpose, in our program. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: ClickOnce and Certificate
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... all these things about how you need a certificate to make ClickOnce work. ... purpose and should not be used for commercial purpose because I ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: ClickOnce and Certificate
    ... Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor ... all these things about how you need a certificate to make ClickOnce work. ... purpose and should not be used for commercial purpose because I ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: EAP TLS not working
    ... This line indicates that the user certificate does not have the correct ... certificate contains the Client Authentication purpose. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)