can't network xp computers

I have a home network with 3 computers running xp home. They all seem to
have the same settings yet only 1 of 3 is accessible. All 3 are visible via
"my network places" yet only computer#1 allows the others to access its
files. I've enabled file and print sharing on all 3 and disabled the windows
firewall but still no luck. All computers can access computer#1. When
trying to access computer#2 a message pops up "computer is unaccessible".
When trying to access computer#3 you get a "guest log-in screen" asking for a
password (there are no passwords).
I can't choose to log on under a different user since the "guest" option is
greyed out and therefore my only choice.

  • Re: xp pro as a router
    ... >The actual problem is that the client computers are not being assigned an IP ... >not having the internet gateway connection icon. ... You shouldn't see the menu for selecting the home network connection. ... Windows 98/Me/XP. ...
  • Re: changing restrict anonymous registry parameter to zero
    ... savvy when it comes to computers. ... my home network workgroup, (based on the queries i've read in the workgroup ... I have two laptops&one desktop on a home network, ... It's a new laptop with factory settings, ...
  • Creating home network, setup questions
    ... windows vista service pack 1 Home Premium. ... is a home network only / best way to go? ... I set up a home network a few years back between the xp computers but did ...
  • Re: JAVA PERMISSIONS and webcam - question
    ... >to the other computers on my home network? ... For some reason, I recall ... The other two PCs are wirelessly connected to it and the router is the ... Could the other computers have just picked it up just ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: pc-to-pc games available
    ... computers on my own home network without having to go online. ... I just want something interesting to play locally with my son every ... I also recall the Baldur's Gate games I and II allowed for multi-player, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic)