can't network xp computers

I have a home network with 3 computers running xp home. They all seem to
have the same settings yet only 1 of 3 is accessible. All 3 are visible via
"my network places" yet only computer#1 allows the others to access its
files. I've enabled file and print sharing on all 3 and disabled the windows
firewall but still no luck. All computers can access computer#1. When
trying to access computer#2 a message pops up "computer is unaccessible".
When trying to access computer#3 you get a "guest log-in screen" asking for a
password (there are no passwords).
I can't choose to log on under a different user since the "guest" option is
greyed out and therefore my only choice.

  • Re: xp pro as a router
    ... >The actual problem is that the client computers are not being assigned an IP ... >not having the internet gateway connection icon. ... You shouldn't see the menu for selecting the home network connection. ... Windows 98/Me/XP. ...
  • Re: changing restrict anonymous registry parameter to zero
    ... savvy when it comes to computers. ... my home network workgroup, (based on the queries i've read in the workgroup ... I have two laptops&one desktop on a home network, ... It's a new laptop with factory settings, ...
  • Creating home network, setup questions
    ... windows vista service pack 1 Home Premium. ... is a home network only / best way to go? ... I set up a home network a few years back between the xp computers but did ...
  • Re: JAVA PERMISSIONS and webcam - question
    ... >to the other computers on my home network? ... For some reason, I recall ... The other two PCs are wirelessly connected to it and the router is the ... Could the other computers have just picked it up just ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: cant see network folder
    ... Check if you have any firewall installed in the netwoked computers. ... configure the firewall for home network. ... to the "Local area connection" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)