Re: NTFS encryption too "persistent"

Irrelevant. I don't need to grant access to encrypted file. I just need them
DECRYPTED when they are copied. And it worked untill very recent....

"The Real Truth MVP" wrote:

When you encrypt data on your computer you will lose data if you store your
encryption key on a smart card and the smart card is damaged. You should
have backed up your encryption certificate and key. Since more than one
person uses your files, and you use a smart card to encrypt files, you
should create a file recovery certificate. This link will tell you how to do
that.

  • Re: encrypted folders & files
    ... Did you only back up the certificate, or the certificate and the private ... Is the "thumbprint" on the certificate the same as a "thumbprint" of one of ... the users on the encrypted file? ... > I DID back up my encryption key, have restored it, made ...
  • Re: How to recover vim encrypted file
    ... pavunkumar wrote: ... i have encrypted file using vim -X option. ... forget the encryption key. ...
    (comp.editors)
  • How to recover vim encrypted file
    ... i have encrypted file using vim -X option. ... forget the encryption key. ... corruption .without knowing key. ...
    (comp.editors)
  • Is there any way...
    ... To get an encryption key from an encrypted file or string IF you have ... Is there a program that can "compare" them and ...
    (sci.crypt)