Re: Tracking cookies monitoring

AVG, CCleaner & AOLSpyware Protection may detect cookies but they don't track them.

The Windows Firewall does not deal with cookies whatsoever.

The free version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) doesn't track cookies nor does it provide any real-time protection.

PS: What's wrong with cookies, anyway?

em21 wrote:
Hi everybody. Can somebody help?

My concern is that I may have too many things monitoring my tracking
cookies. I have the following software for protection:
AVG Free 8.5
I have Ccleaner
AOLSpayware Protection
Malwarebytes 1.40
Windows Firewall

I can see the results of AVG, Ccleaner, and AOL Spyware Prtection, and I
see that they scan for tracking cookies. I imagen that Malwarebytes and
Windows Firewall also do the same, although I don’t get a report from them.

My question is, do I need all these programs scanning cookies? Can I disable
the tracking in AVG, and maybe get rid of AOL Spayware Protection?

Thanks,

  • Re: Computer stuff, possible help
    ... Also don't know what kind of things AVG ... Malwarebytes found nothing on my desktop machine and just for the heck ... of it I ran AVG and Ad-Aware this morning. ... It can store log-on info separately from cookies and I have it set to ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Tracking cookies monitoring
    ... Only the paid version provides real-time protection. ... em21 wrote: ... it is OK having 3 different softwares detecting cookies? ... You say Malwarebytes free version doesn't provide any real time ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Tracking cookies monitoring
    ... em21 wrote: ... protection. ... it is OK having 3 different softwares detecting cookies? ... You say Malwarebytes free version doesn't provide any real time ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Tracking cookies monitoring
    ... em21 wrote: ... it is OK having 3 different softwares detecting cookies? ... You say Malwarebytes free version doesn't provide any real time protection. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)