Re: Disguised URL's

Please don't feed the trolls...especially *that* troll.
--
~PA Bear www.banthecheck.com

Blank wrote:
~BD~ wrote:

Why, I wonder, do I still get no result from http://209.249.222.18/

In the first place, there is no webserver at that IP address answering
requests for that address.

In the second place, it is very very common for a webserver at a
particular address to not answer a request in that IP syntax.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Yes. You shouldn't be using a browser as if it were some kind of
network tool.

Why are you doing that? Why did you put that IP address in your
browser? What are you trying to find out? Why are you trying to find
out whatever you are so clumsily trying to figure out?

  • Re: Great Plains Electronics.
    ... I have a question regarding the quote system you use. ... For me -- if I had only the common parts such as resistors or IC's that are ... All requests prior to this Saturday have been answered. ... "Rejecting this email because it looks like spam" message on it. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: How to tell if a firewall alert is suspicious or not
    ... There exists innocent common connections reported by the firewall ... Is there a site where all the common innocent connections are listed? ... I keep a list of the common contact requests & this isn't one of them. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How to tell if a firewall alert is suspicious or not
    ... There exists innocent common connections reported by the firewall ... Is there a site where all the common innocent connections are listed? ... I keep a list of the common contact requests & this isn't one of them. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How to tell if a firewall alert is suspicious or not
    ... There exists innocent common connections reported by the firewall ... Is there a site where all the common innocent connections are listed? ... I keep a list of the common contact requests & this isn't one of them. ...
  • Re: Why this error message in IE7?
    ... There's apparently no way on earth I can convince you that I'm not a troll. ... requests. ... hosting company because it was not working all afternoon yesterday. ... I have uploaded many pages to web servers, ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)