Re: Upgrading SP2 to SP3

Richard Fangnail wrote:
How long did it take you to upgrade from SP2 to SP3? When I went
from SP1 to SP2 it took 2-3 hours.

I only have 512M Ram and only 10G if disk space so I'm not sure if I
should upgrade to SP3.

Finish repairing, cleaning up and backing up your system (per your other
many postings throughout the Microsoft newsgroups) and *then* - once
everything is running well and backed up - turn your concern to updating to

Shenan Stanley
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Malwarebytes/SUPERAntiSpyware Problems
    ... Why is my XP at SP2? ... Microsoft EWF doesn't work with SP3. ... Windows XP SP2 ... Of course, with a 4GB system drive, and 2GB RAM, the 2GB+1MB ...
  • Re: Upgrading SP2 to SP3
    ... I only have 512M Ram and only 10G if disk space so I'm not sure if I ... themselves by not cleaning up their systems first before applying SP3. ...
  • Re: Have system required changed for Service packs?
    ... The question is if I had 2 computers exactly identical in hardware ... one with XP no sp's and another with SP2 or even SP3 ... I'm just assuming that the SP's require more ram. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Repair Installation Hangs
    ... from sp3 to sp2 you must ... format the disk first. ... i.e. install an older operating ... that involved sp2 and sp3, ...
  • Re: Should I re-install XP Home?
    ... I ran that, and found 1041 malware issues, ... mostly from those toolbars and that Bear Share program. ... I do have a XP Home SP2 CD. ... I downloaded the SP3 upgrade from MS, ...