RE: Firewall on Windows Server 2003 ?

"Robert" wrote:

Hello,

Could you advise me a firewall and/or an antivirus which can run on a server
Windows Server 2003 / 2008 with Active Directory.
This server is a Domain Controller on a small network: 8 clients.

NB: ESET Smart Security is not compatible with Windows Server 2003 and
blocks all the server ;-(

Thanks for your help

__________ Information provenant d'ESET Smart Security, version de la base des signatures de virus 4199 (20090630) __________

Le message a été vérifié par ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com

Even for such a small network it is worth-while to install a hardware
firewall between your router and the LAN - if the router does not have
adequate firewall built in.

IMHO:
For on-access scanning, on demand scanning, and e-mail hygene most
commercial AV software is adequate.
In a study I recently identified Grisoft AVG and Eset Smart Security as best
buys.
Never install Norton, it sticks like glue when you try to replace it.
McAfee plus ePO is cumbersome and resource hungry.
--
Newell White

  • Re: CEICW fails at firewall config
    ... Do you or do you not have ISA 2000 or ISA 2004 installed on the SBS server? ... Do you have 2 NICs in the SBS? ... CEICW fails on firewall configuration every time. ... >>> Call to Creating the protected networks access rule returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Recycler security issues on IIS server
    ... > latest upates to the server. ... > like to see the server put behind our firewall, ... other software, install all patches, IISlockdown, URLscan, use the correct ... the procedures you follow may vary depending on your security needs. ...
  • Re: ISA SERVER NOT STARTING
    ... I delete the nat/basic firewall and stop and started the RRAS an tried to ... There were no critical events in the DNS Server Log in the last 24 hours. ... An error occurred during logon ... Caller User Name: - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: For Microsoft Partners and Customers Who Cant Download or Access
    ... to reconfigure the firewall, but to use a static IP on your client ... and to make sure that the DNS server entries on the client are ... Microsoft for msdn2.microsoft.com. ... use a static IP and set the DNS server addresses to the DNS ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: login attempts
    ... > Every day i have on my win2000 iternet server a lots of wrong login ... Windows by default allows ... You also need a firewall. ... the internet, except for those ports you know you're using. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)