Standalone root CA - do I need to use the capolicy.inf file?

Hi there,

I am currently planning a PKI implementation for a client who wishes to use
certificates primarily for Exchange, OCS and SharePoint. It is possible it
will be used for other purposes in the future.

My plan is to install a standalone root CA which I will turn off, and
install a subordinate Enterprise CA, according to what I think are MS best
practices.

My question is - do I need to use a capolicy.inf file when I create my
standalone root CA, or can I do without it? What are the advantages and
disadvantages?

Thanks in advance.

  • RE: SharePoint and Company Web not working
    ... How did you install the SharePoint 3.0, side by side install or In-place ... If you made in-place upgrade for companyweb, you must uninstall SharePoint ... Select Windows Small Business Server 2003, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS2K3 Share Point Services re-install?
    ... Welcome to SBS newsgroup. ... I am not sure how you reinstall the sharepoint services on SBS 2003, ... 829114 How to remove and how to install the Windows Small Business Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WSS 3.0 question
    ... SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard ... If WSUS 3.0 is installed, I would suggest you uninstall it and then you install WSS 3.0. ... It fails at Step 5 of the configuration wizard, gives the error: Failed to Register Sharepoint Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Ive broken Sharepoint V2.0 by running aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    ... all Windows Small Business Server Website and Virtual ... SharePoint Central Administration ... Right click Companyweb and select Properties. ... After finish the installation, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • MAJOR SQL and SharePoint Upgrade - Help with Installation Overview
    ... handle a more intensive database load (we are shifting to almost ... exclusively using SharePoint as our document and collaboration ... and start from scratch with a MOSS 2K7 install. ...