Security Center icon missing

I have WinXP sp3 and yesterday looked in my Control Panel for the Security
Center icon, but it was not there.
Does anyone know what might have happened and how can the Security Center
icon be returned?

(I did a Malwarebytes scan and it came up with three Security Center
exceptions. I contacted MB and they said just mark them 'ignore.' I think MB
might have recently included something in their program to check if MS
updates were on Automatic or not. I've alwasy turned OFF the Automatic
Updates, because I like to do the updates myself rather than have them
installed automatically in the 'background.')

Relevant Pages

  • Re: windows security alerts
    ... Joe Thanks for your replying, but my problem seems to with the Automatic ... Updates. ... In the Control Panel I clicked on Security Center and the RUNDLL ...
  • FirewalSecurity Center
    ... I have seen a reference to the Security Center, by way of Control Panel. ... don't have an icon for that, but also don't have my Windows Xp firewall ... LAN or High-Speed Internet connection that you want ...
  • Re: Startup Programs
    ... I followed the procedure to remove Security Center, LM Security, and Security Account Manager from my Start up programs by using Run ... The Security Center Shield Icon correctly disappears from the task bar. ... However, when I shut down the pc and later boot it up again, the shield Icon is right back there in the tray, and when I go through the above procedure again, the pull down menu that I had previously changed to Always Hide, the choice in the pull down menu has changed on its own to Hide When Inactive. ... Frank Fiore ...
  • Re: Security Center icon missing from Control Panel after Malware
    ... Run disk clean up on your Drive. ... off our security center and Kasparsky Anitivirus. ... Center Icon is missing from the control panel. ... the following procedure will launch Windows Security Center. ...
  • Re: Security Center icon missing
    ... Norton placed their Security Control icon in ... show Windows Security Center icon. ... updates were on Automatic or not. ...