Re: Malicious software removal tool & Live One Care

MSRT, OneCare, Defender, and Forefront all use a similar database. The MSRT only detects items in its own, limited database:

Families Cleaned by the Malicious Software Removal Tool:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/families.mspx

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, or Windows 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830

OneCare includes Defender "functionality." If Defender is installed, OneCare will disable it when it's installed.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Thomas wrote:
I attended today's mo. security briefing and could not get an answer to
this: are any or all of the malicious software scanned for in the newest
version of MSRT (2.8) ALSO covered if one is running Live One Care? What
about Windows Defender; are we to assume that Win Def. is supplanted by the
functions of Live One Care?

.