RE: Domain Admin Group can't write to C Drive

I solved the problem by disabling the UAC (User Account Control) feature.

"dhmicro" wrote:

Hello,

I have a Windows Server 2008 on a Windows Server 2003 AD Domain. By
default, "Domain Admins" is in the Local Administrators group, after I joined
the Windows 2008 server to the domain. Even though the Administrators group
has Full Control, when I log in as a Domain Admin, I can not install any
software unless I log in as the Local Administrator. I also can not write to
the C drive while logged in as a Domain Admin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

  • Domain Admin Group cant write to C Drive
    ... I have a Windows Server 2008 on a Windows Server 2003 AD Domain. ... default, "Domain Admins" is in the Local Administrators group, after I joined ... the C drive while logged in as a Domain Admin. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: "Access Denied" message when adding member server in existing AD
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... I am unable to add new member sever i.e. Windows server 2003 to my ... It shows "Access Denied" message even if I log in as Domain admin ...
  • Re: Login service password
    ... Every service should be running under its own account and NO service should be running under the builtin domain admin account. ... In fact, no service should probably be running with domain admin creds at all, there is almost never any reason to support doing so. ... Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ...
  • Re: Exchange 2000 containers (Fields) not showing up in active directory!!
    ... Oli ... > Don't need to log on with a domain admin ID. ... > Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ...
  • Re: Domain Admins Group -- Trying to trim membership
    ... Domain Admins group with the goal of reducing membership in this ... Is this a common problem in the Windows Server world? ... Have each justify as to what the account is used for that requires ... Domain Admin) and then show the risks from those uses of the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)