Re: Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\winsp3fc.dll

From: "Vincdc" <Vincdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Hello,
| My PC recently was infected by something. After I cleaned it using Windows
| Defender, I started to receive the following warning message:
| Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\winsp3fc.dll
| The specified module could not be found.

| I checked the registry, but could not find anything like this one. Does
| anyone has any idea on what this winsp3fc.dll is and how to fix it?
| Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

| Vincdc

When you wrote you "checked the registry", does that mean you searched the Registry for
any/all occurrences of "winsp3fc.dll" ?

Chances are that Windows Defender removed the DLL and the DLL is loaded by RUNDLL32.EXE
and Windows Defender failed to remove the line item where RUNDLL32.EXE calls winsp3fc.dll
to be loaded and thus generates the error message. Removing the line item that has
"RUNDLL32 winsp3fc.dll" will mitigate this error message.

--
Dave

  • RE: Error 1406
    ... please post the screen capture of the error message: ... >the Windows operating system. ... >Microsoft document drticle number Q236592, ... >Do not use the registry key given in the Microsoft ...
  • Re: IRQ BSOD
    ... service was still using the registry during log off. ... The memory used by the ... Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by ... You receive a "Stop 0x0000000A" error message in Windows XP ...
  • RE: windows cannnot find the rundll32.exe
    ... Prepare System Restore" error messages in Windows XP ... Important This article contains information about modifying the registry. ... you may receive the following error message: ... the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    ... A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage ... times to boot up before it will boot up successfully. ... Here are two other error message that are in event viewer. ... service was still using the registry during log off. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • RE: windows cannnot find the rundll32.exe
    ... This error message reads: Windows cannot ... >Prepare System Restore" error messages in Windows XP ... >Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up ... >the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)