Re: My Hot mail account was hacked!!!!

Hacked wrote:
I just discovered my Hotmail account is the victim of hacking too.

My password was 7 characters, and a mix of upper and lower case,
with some numbers thrown in to. I hardly think that's an easily
brute forced password.

Needless to say its been changed.

Actually - yes - seven (7) characters is more easily hacked than eight (8)
(not strickly because of the number of characters, but specifically the
number of them being seven (7). A full fourteen (14) would also be fairly
vulnerable to brute force, over fourteeen (14) characters... not so much.)

I'd suggest 15+ characters. Afraid you cannot remember that many?

!cann0tRemember

<- That's a pretty strrong password. ;-) I don't suggest using it now that
it is associated with you, however.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: Function based index not used with like operator
    ... search for is starting with the characters the user search for. ... SQL> set echo on linesize 132 trimspool on ... col2 from uppertest1 where upper ... 438 bytes received via SQL*Net from client ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: The case for lower case
    ... Lower case letters contain more visual "information" than upper case ... and cover up the top half of a row of all upper case characters. ... achieve by putting white letters on a black background ... readability study in their lives ("Hey, I grew up on a greenscreen terminal ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: The case for lower case
    ... both pure lower and upper case tend to slow down ... > Lower case letters contain more visual "information" than upper case ... > and cover up the top half of a row of all upper case characters. ... black background more pleasing than other combinations. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Yahoo switches off the DRM servers
    ... Upper and lower case alphabetics, ... for characters in file and device names. ... 6 bit was common on typesetting machinery. ... I did that work on PDP-8s which were 12 bit machines. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • converting std::basic_string to upper or lower case.
    ... question - but I can't seem to find a solution on the news groups. ... characters were coming back messed up. ... In order for toupper to give the expected results, ... This suggests that if a character is already upper (i.e. islower returned ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.stl)