Does NAP protect against rouge laptops

We've been having problems with our outside clients who come in to our
company and connect to our network when they are in thh office. Does NAP
prevent the unauthorized laptops from connecting to the network by not
giving them an IP address?

  • RE: Dropped Client Connections
    ... I understand that the SBS clients will lose ... Do all clients lose network connection at same time? ... Do you have single or double NICs on SBS? ... Modify the registry to disable Receive Side Scaling ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: IP address assignment problem
    ... I have a little problem and seek for ur thoughts, let's assume I'm in a very open environment where everyone can very easily try to get his/her laptop on the network and IP addresses are assigned by a DHCP server and we are in a domain environment, how do I prevent machines that are not part of our domain to be assigned an IP address? ... This approach doesn't stop your rogue clients from connecting to other clients, but merely doesn't give them the information they normally need to do so. ... Using 802.1x, your workstations authenticate through the switch to a radius server before they are allowed any connectivity. ... This authentication can use X.509 certificates, computer account credentials from AD, or whatever else you'd normally configure radius to authenticate with. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Multiple Consistent Security Event Logs
    ... to capture Audits for both the Clients n the Servers. ... enabled certain other policies relating to secure Network Communication. ... Object Access, Logon/Logoff, Account Logon, Privilege Use with 'User' varying ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Please help me "sell" the idea of a more secure network
    ... changes first should bring the network up a notch or two. ... Do the same thing using a wireless notebook from you company. ... show him a PO or invoice for a customer who had an AV ... products, releases, life cycles, etc, all on the individual clients. ...