Re: Critical Update - Windows Component

I am sorry, but I do not know what you mean by "> Fine and expected if you do
not go there often."

Was it okay that I downloaded it?
And, just what is the 'Windows Compoment Publisher" and why must it be
downloaded/installed?

I manually check for Critical Updates every week.

I am not that familiar with computers, updates, etc.

=====================
"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

AliceZ wrote:
I went to the Windows Critical Update page to see if there were any
Critical Updates. There was a pop-up asking if I wanted to download
"Windows Component." I didn't know what to do; so I clicked no.
Then I tried to get into the Critical Update page again and I got
the same pop-up. I then clicked on the Install button, and in a
second or two I was allowed into the Critical Update screen.

Was it okay to allow that to install?

I never saw something like this before before.

Why did it ask if you wanted to install or if you did not want it
to install if you couldn't go any further unless you clicked on the
"install."

I have WinXP sp3.

Fine and expected if you do not go there often.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP