Kerberos newbie

I'm new to using Kerberos. But I have an existing client application that
requires authentication by a server using Kerberos. It appears that I am
getting a ticket correctly (at least what is returned looks good if I dump
the memory).

But I need to see if it works with the server end. Unhappily, the server is
done and it will be some time before that group gets something running. What
I need is to simulate the server (an HTTP server) to try and validate the
ticket.

Is it possible to set up a "server" with Kerberos and validate the ticket on
the same PC the client is running on? What do I need to do that?

Are there any good books or resources on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
--
Frank Perry
LavaLeaf Software

  • Re: Kerberized NFSv3 incorrect behavior
    ... I am running FBSD8-STABLE on an nfsv3 server and an nfsv3 client. ... Everything works fine, until I try to kdestroy my tickets or kinit to some other user, where the system insists to think that I am the user that initially obtained their ticket. ... Both client and server have their respective keytabs stored in /etc/krb5.keytab, and I use two users in my example: mamalos and testakis. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Kerberized NFSv3 incorrect behavior
    ... I am running FBSD8-STABLE on an nfsv3 server and an nfsv3 client. ... Everything works fine, until I try to kdestroy my tickets or kinit to some other user, where the system insists to think that I am the user that initially obtained their ticket. ... Both client and server have their respective keytabs stored in /etc/krb5.keytab, and I use two users in my example: mamalos and testakis. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Kerberos with Windows Integrated authentication
    ... behaviour if your Web server is in the client broweser's Internet zone. ... referencing it by computer name rather than FQDN), the browser will request ... Obviously, if you want to use Kerberos for authentication, you will either ...
  • Re: Kerberised NFS
    ... Kerberised NFS presumably requires authentication and encryption between client and server, so presumably the client needs to get a ticket prior to contacting the server. ... server with kerberos security options, and successfully automounting user's home directories on client machines when they log in. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: Kerberos authentication fails
    ... we had have kerberos log activated yesterday while we test the ... Client Server Name: ... * System Event logs in GPRSServer03 ... Server domain: DISTROMEL.GPRS ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver)