Re: One Firewall or more....?

....many thanks. XP firewall is now off. If I get reminders about my PC
being 'at risk' (even though ZASS is on) is there any way of turning these
off?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

One (1) software firewall. Disable the Windows Firewall via Control Panel |
Windows Firewall.

[IMHO, installing ZASS should have disabled the Windows Firewall by
default.]
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

offwego wrote:
I've just installed Zone Alarm Security Suite which includes a firewall
and
got warnings about running two firewalls. I guess I should turn off the
firewall that comes with XP Pro? Do I just turn it off (in the 'security
centre' I assume?) or do I need to uninstall something?

I use a Speedtouch 546 router in my system. I think this provides some
sort
of firewall as well?

Any advice to ease my confusion would be great!

  • Re: Outpost firewall wont run
    ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a fantastic job ... Deconstructing Common Security Myths. ... Don't fall for software applications touted in publications relying on ...
  • Help with security center and firewall
    ... I unistalled my Norton Internet Security and it seems that it took with ... Windows cannot display Windows firewall ... So I then go to the Windows Security Center in the Control Panel. ...
  • Re: Paranoia or something more sinister?
    ... I should add that you want to verify that your current firewall is correctly ... > make sure that auditing of logon events is enabled in Local Security ... >> reinstalls, upgraded Norton Security to 05, I'm operating Service Pack 2 ... Search & Destroy and a Windows Firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SERVICES - Manual Settings
    ... "The Windows Firewall and Security Center should be set to Automatic" ... I Have the Following Startup Type Settings on "Manual" but. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: My Windows Firewall Keeps Turning off!
    ... I turn it on again I get a Security box from McAfee security center ... Then I have to open "Windows Firewall settings" and turn it on again. ...