Re: Drag & drop of URL to links bar gives Access Denied!!!???

eganders wrote:
On Sep 18, 12:39 pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IE version? Window version?

eganders wrote:
How can I get around this? Is there a place where I can disable some
parts of the security profile?

In Internet Explorer: Dragging and dropping the icon in the present
URL to the links bar is allowed. Dragging and dropping the icon to a
FOLDER on my links bar creates an access denied!##%%!!

I am sick of this type of security.

The stupid thing is I can drag and drop it to the links bar, cut it
and PASTE it into the folder. Thanks, Microsoft, for the added extra
steps in the name of security.

This type of nonsense makes a joke of security.

Oh yes. What else but Windows Vista (basic). The web browser is
Internet explorer 7.

What else? Could have been just about any Windows version (and Service Pack level) and IE version (e.g., IE5.x; IE6; IE7; IE8B2) in this newsgroup, which is not a Vista-specific newsgroup. Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Methinks you need to bone up on Vista's UAC and Protected Mode.

.