Re: Drag & drop of URL to links bar gives Access Denied!!!???

eganders wrote:
On Sep 18, 12:39 pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IE version? Window version?

eganders wrote:
How can I get around this? Is there a place where I can disable some
parts of the security profile?

In Internet Explorer: Dragging and dropping the icon in the present
URL to the links bar is allowed. Dragging and dropping the icon to a
FOLDER on my links bar creates an access denied!##%%!!

I am sick of this type of security.

The stupid thing is I can drag and drop it to the links bar, cut it
and PASTE it into the folder. Thanks, Microsoft, for the added extra
steps in the name of security.

This type of nonsense makes a joke of security.

Oh yes. What else but Windows Vista (basic). The web browser is
Internet explorer 7.

What else? Could have been just about any Windows version (and Service Pack level) and IE version (e.g., IE5.x; IE6; IE7; IE8B2) in this newsgroup, which is not a Vista-specific newsgroup. Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Methinks you need to bone up on Vista's UAC and Protected Mode.

  • Re: Drag & drop of URL to links bar gives Access Denied!!!???
    ... parts of the security profile? ... URL to the links bar is allowed. ... and PASTE it into the folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Beta Release, if of interest
    ... one two or even 3 levels deep in the start menu. ... -Right-click that Links bar and select Open Folder ... add your shortcuts to files, or create new folders for second, third ...
  • Re: Beta Release, if of interest
    ... two or even 3 levels deep in the start menu. ... -Drag the Links bar off the taskbar and dock it to the top of the screen. ... -Right-click that Links bar and select Open Folder ... My Links bar is structured like so (actual shortcuts omitted for brievity): ...
  • Re: Access denied: Dragging and dropping URL icon into links folder
    ... bickering and finger pointing, I still have not gotten the damn ... and drop the URL icon of the present web page onto a folder in the ... It has no problem if I just drop it on the links bar. ... All you that are vigously supporting this version of Vista security ...
  • Re: Access denied: Dragging and dropping URL icon into links folder
    ... bickering and finger pointing, I still have not gotten the damn ... and drop the URL icon of the present web page onto a folder in the ... It has no problem if I just drop it on the links bar. ... If you would like to see the problem and possible for you, then I suggest you go to the Security NG where you have been posting too, read the thread and the conversation between myself and the OP as he did the *test* to see the point of permission issues for user/admin. ...