Office 2003 and Vista

Is there a reason Windows Vista is not listed as a supported operating system
on the KB953404 download page? The download details page only lists Windows
2000, NT, Server 2003 SP1, and XP SP2. I am running Office 2003 SP3 on Vista
SP1 and it threw me when Vista was not listed. However, I reasoned this is an
update for Office so what difference does the OS list make? I downloaded the
update and it installed successfully.

I install my updates manually and here's why:
I migrated from Windows 2000 to Vista SP1 using a clean install. I have
troubles with Windows Update hosing my system when it automatically installs
updates. Windows Update completes successfully, but sometimes after the
system reboots it only loads to a black screen and not into Windows. There
are other times my system will just crash. Cross my fingers, but so far I
have experienced no problems manually installing Windows .msu updates using
the command-line tool pkgmgr aka Package Manager.

  • Re: upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis
    ... "How to Clean Install Windows Vista with Upgrade Media ... When I began inquiring into various Windows Vista installation options late last year, Microsoft and its representative grew quiet and seemed to begin selectively answering my questions. ...
  • clubbing of windows vista and windows server2008 in a single boota
    ... i want to club the windows vista and windows server 2008 in a single bootable ... Vista DVD? ... can you build a custom Vista install DVD that doesn’t ... John Pritchard how it all works and got some surprising answers. ...
  • Re: Format again
    ... specs to see if it can handle Vista. ... and I want to reformat my hard disk and re-install Windows XP ... and update it with a Vista upgrade which my good lady brought ... Instead of performing a clean install of XP, ...
  • Re: I cant install critical updates
    ... I resolved error message problem from Vista Security Center by uninstalling and reinstalling Antivir. ... How it comes I can't either manage to install manually failing updates? ... Be sure to obtain the correct version for Windows x86. ... Windows Update Agent File Versions: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Solution for 646
    ... Before you install the update, click on the link on the page (cannot remember ... I have been trying to download updatees for widows vista. ... "Windows encountered an unknown error" error 646.any suggestions as what to ... that button then run or save the installer package then proceed to execute ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)