Re: Virtual Machines

BoaterDave wrote:
When looking at the screen of a PC running VM, how can one tell the
VM picture from 'the real thing'?

I can imagine it might not be too difficult if the 'real' machine
was Vista and the VM was XP but what if both were running Windows
XP?

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated. TIA.

I am unsure what you are asking...

Are you trying to determine if you are using a virtual machine or the actual
installed OS on a system? Just by looks - if the VM allows a full-screen
view with no obvious signs - it could be difficult (just by looking.)
However - the hardware the VM uses, the fact you can minimize it, etc -
those could be easy to check for. Or - you could - change the background
image to denote it as a VM.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • "Get up and dust yourself off" okies :)
    ... write false things about people and manipulate. ... The picture of Alan, with a Big Mac on his t. ... I would imagine that you considered it "cute", ... And last but not least her fantasy about sucking on Jens clit. ...
    (sci.med.diseases.hepatitis)
  • Re: USB file transfer to Cameras
    ... I have now have a new Vista PC on which I have installed Camedia ... Master, but I find that the file transfer function no longer works. ... have a Sweex card reader which will read the Olympus 128MB XD card. ... is very slow to display the little icons for each picture. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Print screen Vista Business problem
    ... language), not Vista Business. ... Public Sub PrintPictureToFitPage(Prn As Printer, ... Dim PicRatio As Double ... Dim PrnPicWidth As Double ...
  • Re: Wheres my wide screen picture?
    ... Is the Vista PC connected to a 4x3 TV or a 16x9 TV? ... It is only the TV picture that remains 4:3 ... I have a Dell XPS that came with XP MCE. ... my TV picture to go full screen without cutting off the menus? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)