What are the pros and cons for placing image on external hard disk?

I use acronis to backup and recover the system and partitions, but sometimes
I found that the image has been corrupted in one of the partitions.
Now I placed the images on one external hard disk which is IDE but attached
in the USB box. Acronis told me that I could not
recover these images unless I use the rescue bootable media.

What are the pros and cons for placing images of backup on dynamic hard
disk?

  • Re: RAID, SCHMAID.......
    ... And risky to change it later without a full image backup. ... The old images would still be good. ... Pity that just saving the OS partition wont do that, ... Having just a second copy on a second media is insufficient. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: .NET Framework question
    ... But have had problems with clones in the past so I don't use ... as a slave after the format, it acts as a separate partition because it is. ... you will see that I wrote "backup images". ... required to make the images to be kept on the external drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: .NET Framework question
    ... But have had problems with clones in the past so I don't use ... as a slave after the format, it acts as a separate partition because it is. ... you will see that I wrote "backup images". ... required to make the images to be kept on the external drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: I wonder if Kodak "ever went to print" with this stuff?
    ... backup is because yuo expect the original data to become corrupt at some ... something goes tits up in the process of downloading the images. ... short of pulverizing the card into dust, ... it would be impossible to recover melted film, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Sequence/Strategy For Building XP System?
    ... of little work files that various applications leave behind. ... Using compression on the image & a inexpensive 500gb usb disk for backup, ... images that somebody sent to you via eMail, ... the malware manifests itself by rendering your system unusable. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)