Re: Windows Defender error 0x800106ba

Merely "adequate" assistance, Milo? <eg>

Milo wrote:
If you're still having trouble with the said concern with Defender please
call it Microsoft PCsafety for adequate assistance 886 727 2338

"Alex Bremer" <AlexBremer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello

a couple of days ago I got hit by some malware/virus. After this attack my
antivirus solution was not working anymore and also windows defender went
down. I uninstalled my prior antivirus solution, installed then Kasperski
and
ran a full system scan to clean all up. since this time I cannot enable
Windows defender anymore. I allways get the error:

Application failed to initialize. 0x800106ba. A problem caused this
programs
service to stop...

I tried the following:

try registering the following files using the following procedure:

Select: Start > Run > and type "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" (w/o the quotes) and
click OK > OK.

Follow the same procedure to register the following files one at a time:
wuaueng.dll
wucltui.dll,
wups.dll
wuweb.dll
atl.dll
softpub.dll
wintrust.dll
initpki.dll
mssip32.dll

but no suiccess

It seems I cannot even uninstall windows defender to do a fresh install..

Can someone help here:

Many thanks

Alex

  • Re: Windows Defender error 0x800106ba
    ... If you're still having trouble with the said concern with Defender please call it Microsoft PCsafety for adequate assistance 886 727 2338 ... Windows defender anymore. ... try registering the following files using the following procedure: ... It seems I cannot even uninstall windows defender to do a fresh install.. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: faulting module msvcr71.dll error
    ... my adobe to the newest version 8.1 and IT WORKED!!! ... copy in the System32 folder with an .old extension, then install the NET ... Windows Defender and/or Spybot Search & Destroy ...
  • Re: faulting module msvcr71.dll error
    ... copy in the System32 folder with an .old extension, then install the NET ... Windows Defender and/or Spybot Search & Destroy ... Tutorial on how to use HijackThis: ...
  • Re: Googles goes to wrong website/Virus?
    ... Windows Defender and/or Spybot Search & Destroy ... When I select one of the websites ... I did install a thing a website told me I had ...
  • Re: Install Avast 4.7 Home Edition
    ... After the install, I notice, when I went into System ... that Windows defender was checking my system about every 15mins to ... After I restarted/turned off computer the color quality switched to 8bits. ... somehow the problem was with McAfee VirusScan. ...