Re: Windows Defender error 0x800106ba

If you're still having trouble with the said concern with Defender please call it Microsoft PCsafety for adequate assistance 886 727 2338

"Alex Bremer" <AlexBremer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:785BB1DF-98E1-40A4-B601-2C8270863DAD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

a couple of days ago I got hit by some malware/virus. After this attack my
antivirus solution was not working anymore and also windows defender went
down. I uninstalled my prior antivirus solution, installed then Kasperski and
ran a full system scan to clean all up. since this time I cannot enable
Windows defender anymore. I allways get the error:

Application failed to initialize. 0x800106ba. A problem caused this programs
service to stop...

I tried the following:

try registering the following files using the following procedure:

Select: Start > Run > and type "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" (w/o the quotes) and
click OK > OK.

Follow the same procedure to register the following files one at a time:
wuaueng.dll
wucltui.dll,
wups.dll
wuweb.dll
atl.dll
softpub.dll
wintrust.dll
initpki.dll
mssip32.dll

but no suiccess

It seems I cannot even uninstall windows defender to do a fresh install..

Can someone help here:

Many thanks

Alex

.