Re: Windows Defender error 0x800106ba

If you're still having trouble with the said concern with Defender please call it Microsoft PCsafety for adequate assistance 886 727 2338

"Alex Bremer" <AlexBremer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:785BB1DF-98E1-40A4-B601-2C8270863DAD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

a couple of days ago I got hit by some malware/virus. After this attack my
antivirus solution was not working anymore and also windows defender went
down. I uninstalled my prior antivirus solution, installed then Kasperski and
ran a full system scan to clean all up. since this time I cannot enable
Windows defender anymore. I allways get the error:

Application failed to initialize. 0x800106ba. A problem caused this programs
service to stop...

I tried the following:

try registering the following files using the following procedure:

Select: Start > Run > and type "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" (w/o the quotes) and
click OK > OK.

Follow the same procedure to register the following files one at a time:
wuaueng.dll
wucltui.dll,
wups.dll
wuweb.dll
atl.dll
softpub.dll
wintrust.dll
initpki.dll
mssip32.dll

but no suiccess

It seems I cannot even uninstall windows defender to do a fresh install..

Can someone help here:

Many thanks

Alex

  • Re: Windows Defender Question
    ... D/L and install Microsoft Security Essentials. ... I use Avast and Malware bytes. ... I did run a scan using Defender ... Does that mean you still can't operate your Windows Defender, ...
  • Re: Event Viewer
    ... Microsoft has made the spyware newsgroups private: ... I continue to observe entries in my Event Log with little or no knowledge ... why Windows Defender is saying there is possibly a problem with my system. ... Windows Defender Real-Time Protection agent has detected changes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Aktualisierung_ist_nicht_m=F6glich?=
    ... Klick mal im Defender neben ... 64 Updates, aber beim Installieren kommt die Meldung: ... [ClientId = Windows Defender] ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • RE: Error Code 80244019
    ... It downloads okay and tries to Install but in the end ... If its only for Windows Defender update it should not matter much. ... You would need to stop your Windows Defender Service before updating the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Windows Defender will not deploy through GPO
    ... I have the latest Windows Defender download from Microsoft and we are ... install of application Windows Defender from policy Defender Deploy ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)