Re: Problem with Group policy settings.

The message is indicating a problem and is not normally received.
Is this machine in a domain or is it a standalone?
Is this machine known free from malware?

"Ade" <Ade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I have used GPEDIT.msc to examine Group Policy settings I recieved
the
following warning :-

' The Group Policy secuity settings that apply to this machine could not
be
determined.
The error returned was trying to retrieve these settings from the local
security policy database.
(%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb) was: The parameter is incorrect.

All local security dettings will be displayed, but no indication will be
given to as to whether or not a given security setting is defined by Group
policy.
Any local security setting modified through this User Interface may be
subsequently be overriden by domain-level policies. '

- Is this a problem that I should be concerned with or is it not a
reqirement to have Group Policy settings defined?

  • Re: Administrator denied access to local security policy
    ... Make sure you are using a firewall. ... under documents and settings] and configuration information such as tcp/ip ... > - Sometimes when accessing Local security policy is seems ... > the local Group policy using article 278316. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Problem with Group policy settings.
    ... The machine is a standalone but it is connected to the Internet. ... ' The Group Policy secuity settings that apply to this machine could not ... All local security dettings will be displayed, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Local Security Policy
    ... I attempted to look at the local security policiy on my W2K3 server yesterday ... "The Group Policy settings that apply to this machine could not be ... The error occurred when trying to retreive these settings from the local ...
  • Re: What exactly is secedit.sdb
    ... group policy settings, ... You should use the Local Security ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Several Problems; how to reset security and troubleshoot serve
    ... On the SBS security settings; I accept your response, ... On the Remote Assistance Issue I have check all of the settings as you ... What started me on the path of security problem was I had a simular problem ... Start the Microsoft Management Console Group Policy snap-in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)