Re: Problem with Group policy settings.

The message is indicating a problem and is not normally received.
Is this machine in a domain or is it a standalone?
Is this machine known free from malware?

"Ade" <Ade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
When I have used GPEDIT.msc to examine Group Policy settings I recieved
the
following warning :-

' The Group Policy secuity settings that apply to this machine could not
be
determined.
The error returned was trying to retrieve these settings from the local
security policy database.
(%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb) was: The parameter is incorrect.

All local security dettings will be displayed, but no indication will be
given to as to whether or not a given security setting is defined by Group
policy.
Any local security setting modified through this User Interface may be
subsequently be overriden by domain-level policies. '

- Is this a problem that I should be concerned with or is it not a
reqirement to have Group Policy settings defined?

.