Re: corrupted profiles and much more

And...?

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
Is the machine still under warranty or service contract, Joris? Have you
contacted HP Support directly about these problems?

Was Norton 360 installed and running when you installed Vista SP1 (assuming
the machine did not come with Vista SP1 preinstalled)?

=> Unlimited installation and *compatibility* support for Vista SP1 is
available at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

=> Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Joris Claeys wrote:
I have huge issues and I cannot seem to get the right assistance from HP.
Maybe this community can assist me. The below is what I posted on HP
forums
for assistance describing all the issues I am facing. If any one here can
assist or advise, I would greatly appreciate. thanks
<snip>
cf.
http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1236310

  • Re: Cant download updates (windows update error 80246008)
    ... I would not have installed Vista SP1 manually unless and until it was offered by Windows Update. ... I would have disabled Trend Micro anti-virus prior to installing Vista SP1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Cant fwd out email & cant delete from outbox
    ... form you in the message thread you quoted. ... If you've installed Vista SP1, ... You may have to wait for Vista SP1 to become ... Although it only mentions messages stuck in the Outbox, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant fwd out email & cant delete from outbox
    ... Can anyone help me to sove this problem, been checking with webmaster, seem ... If you've installed Vista SP1, ... You may have to wait for Vista SP1 to become ... Although it only mentions messages stuck in the Outbox, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Monitor fails after downloading Windows Updates
    ... Assuming you're running Vista and that you just installed Vista SP1: ... Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available at no charge through 18 Mar-09 ... How to uninstall Windows Vista SP1 as a troubleshooting step: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • QUARTZ.DLL 6.6.6001.18063 symbols (PDB)
    ... How do I resolve symbols for QUARTZ.DLL in Vista SP1 using Visual Studio ... Installed Vista SP1 RTM symbols from ...