Re: corrupted profiles and much more

Is the machine still under warranty or service contract, Joris? Have you contacted HP Support directly about these problems?

Was Norton 360 installed and running when you installed Vista SP1 (assuming the machine did not come with Vista SP1 preinstalled)?

=> Unlimited installation and *compatibility* support for Vista SP1 is available at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• CA: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• UK: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• AU: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

=> Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Joris Claeys wrote:
I have huge issues and I cannot seem to get the right assistance from HP.
Maybe this community can assist me. The below is what I posted on HP forums
for assistance describing all the issues I am facing. If any one here can
assist or advise, I would greatly appreciate. thanks
<snip>
cf. http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1236310

.