Re: requesting a certificate in Vista.

It can be due to policy. For example, one of our customers has defined certificate profiles. These define the exact contents of the issued X.509 certificate. Remember, when you are developing a custom request, you are replicating the functionality produced by certificate templates (with additional flexibility of course).
Bottom line, you put in the subject name formats and extension required by both the applications and your policies.
Brian

"Kristin Griffin" <kristin.l.griffin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eaIzxGPaIHA.4140@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

When requesting a certificate in Vista, if you choose to create a custom request (not going to use a template) and go to the "details" area, there are different areas to go through. The first is Subject. For subject name and alternative name, there are alot of choices. Is what you pick influenced by what the policy and CPS of the receiving CA says it needs from you? Meaning, the CA's policies dictate what you should pick in order to get a certificate from that CA. And all CAs can differ? Same thing for the Extensions tab?

Thanks!

Kristin

  • Re: Signing corporate applications .. problem again
    ... using this autorun.exe, I added a custom corporate certificate in the Root, ... This cab file is signed with the certificate that is added in the stores. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Custom user management and login
    ... you don't need a custom membership provider - they are not really suited for what you want to do.. ... You can then handle the AuthenticateRequest event - fetch the data for the user and populate your new Identity object. ... I have a db with certificate serialnumbers mapped to user ...
  • Re: Diversity visa questions
    ... So what it is saying you dont have to be legally married but if you ... consider yourself married by "custom" its sufficient therefore i could ... say i got married before i entered the DV lottery and get the ... certificate by december right? ...
    (misc.immigration.usa)
  • Re: How can I customize autoenrollment ?
    ... Basically for custom authentication, you will need to create ... custom web pages that act as web front for the external users. ... > | certificate request and sending this private information to the server? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Signing corporate applications
    ... Since our apps are deployed using a custom autorun.exe, ... custom corporate certificate to the "unpriviledge certificate store" from ... Unpriviledged Certificate Store *and* the Software Certificate store ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)