Re: standalone CA - cannot use browser to install certs

yes, the root CA's certificate is stored in the certificate store (both user
and computer store).

"Brian Komar" <brian.komar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is the root CA (IPSECCA1) a trusted root CA on the clients?
Brian
"Kristin Griffin" <kristin.l.griffin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi there.

I have a test lab running - it looks like this:

IPSECCA1 = the Root CA, standalone, in a workgroup called WORKGROUP

IPSECCPC1 and IPSECPC2 vista clients, in WORKGROUP

IPSECCA1 is a root CA, running 2008 AD CS, standalone, with web
enrollment installed. I can request certs, and then go to the cert
authority on IPSECCA1, and issue the certs.
Then my clients go to the website, and download the certs, and click the
install button. They say they get installed but they do not. I have to
download them to the local machine and double click them to install them.
I have noticed that the file location is missing when it does not work
using the web site to install the cert.

Anyone have an idea on why this is not working quite right?

Thanks!
Kristin

  • standalone CA - cannot use browser to install certs
    ... IPSECCA1 = the Root CA, standalone, in a workgroup called WORKGROUP ... IPSECCA1 is a root CA, running 2008 AD CS, standalone, with web enrollment ... IPSECCA1, and issue the certs. ... download them to the local machine and double click them to install them. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • standalone CA - cannot use browser to install certs
    ... IPSECCA1 = the Root CA, standalone, in a workgroup called WORKGROUP ... IPSECCA1 is a root CA, running 2008 AD CS, standalone, with web enrollment ... IPSECCA1, and issue the certs. ... download them to the local machine and double click them to install them. ...
  • RE: Location of web root
    ... Subject: Location of web root ... during install) pointing out that a Custom install will allow for a more ... in a different folder off C:. ... were the script kiddie, how would you exploit the machine. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Alerting - Malicious software removal tool
    ... >needed to install an application that she could not install from ... >"Administrator" account. ... You failed to analyze the root cause and correct it ... use their computers to have fun. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Granting root access?
    ... Only use "root" when you really need to. ... before handing it to me for a system install. ... users within the corporate IT environment and help sysadmins keep things ... However, even there, "normal users" were allowed to ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)