Re: Something Not Rigth!

Because anything, including preprogrammed microchips, can be infected. For
example; if an .exe file or any other file can be stored on a RAM chip or
any other electrostatic memory chip and be read, -what's to say that a viral
file cannot be flashed into a memory chip on a systemboard, sort of like
when you update or reinstall a drives firmware ie. optical drive?

Everything that connects to a mother (or system) board has a programmable
mircochip inside that operates it and identifies it to the main board, so
what if a viral file is launched that causes the system (or computer) to
reboot then flashes itself into a memory chip that interacts with the main
board? -like as if you created a bootable floppy that flashes a particular
drive with updated firmware, wouldn't the same hold true for a virus that
hibernates in a given memory and launches or executes at a cetain time if
not immediately?

I truly beleive this is possible and the cause for my last computer to end
up in the garbage. There was not an anti-viral program on the face of the
earth that checks memory at the time. So I wonder if there is anything now
that I have brainstormed this that can be done remove memory virus such as
what I am describing......?

E-BW

"Paul Adare" <pkadare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message