Re: Folder permissions
- From: Malke <notreally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:00:39 -0700
I just had to take a hard drive out of a broken XP machine and installed it into a working XP machine. Problem is I cannot get into my C:\documents and settings\myfolder
I had a password on my folder. I know about ownership in a domain but this is a stand alone computer not connected to a domain.
You still need to take ownership of the files.
Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP [Q308421] - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
How Do I Get the Security tab in Folder Properties? - http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_security_tab.htm
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
- Prev by Date: Re: PYCTYSSKE service ??
- Next by Date: does microsoft support 232 gb harddrive partitioned in fat32?
- Previous by thread: Re: System freezing and slow
- Next by thread: does microsoft support 232 gb harddrive partitioned in fat32?