Re: Safe AntiSpyware Products

slick1 wrote:
Although I have AVG and my machine is firewalled, I am still
without any AntiSpyware.
With so many "Rogue AntiSpyware" products out there I don't
know who is safe to use.
Would anyone please know of any free, safe, AntiSpyware products
and how many I need to put on my machine?
My System: > Acer TravelMate 2450
> Windows XP - Home - SP2
> Windows Explorer 7
> AVG, Windows Defender, SpyBot, Malicious software tool.
( all updated )

I think you've got plenty of programs already. The real key is practicing "Safe Hex". - So How Did I Get Infected Anyway? - The Parasite Fight - MVP Harry Waldron - The Family PC - How to stay safe on the Internet - Eric Howes on Rogue Antispyware Programs

Elephant Boy Computers
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Yellow triangle in taskbar malware - REMOVED
    ... > an online chat with McAfee (Ace_Daniels I think the person called ... > As a last resort I was told to run McAfee Antispyware 2 in safe ... tweaks - just to be safe. ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ...
    ... I think the Windows Firewall is fine for most people and I use the free Ad-aware and Spybot Search & Destroy programs on my Windows machines. ... The most important part of security is the user - practicing "Safe Hex". ... Safe Hex: ... - Eric Howes on Rogue Antispyware Programs ...
  • Re: Changing the Administrators password
    ... > Is it safe for me to change the Administrator's (now named something ... To do this I make my own account part of the ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ... How to Defragment your hard drives ...
  • Re: stupid searchbar wont go away
    ... >> safe place along with their CD keys and such. ... >> maximum size for this is small enough not to cause trouble in the future. ... >> Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... >> have to be the built-in Windows Firewall of Windows XP. ...
  • Re: Loaded SP2 now Im in a boot loop...Things to try.
    ... When it rebooted and I had a choice of safe and all other types of boot ... > Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console ...