Re: Domain Isolation and non-windows IPSec capable systems

Our documentation on server and domain isolation includes scenarios involving interoperability. Start your journey here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/architectureanddesign/ipsec/default.mspx

--
Steve Riley
steve.riley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Andrea Casini" <AndreaCasini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:04C78A66-4526-4284-8826-1C3B26AD0397@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Did anyone make a study, created a whitepaper or simply written some
documentation about the topic in Microsoft?

I find myself most of the time suggesting Ipsec as a good way to protect lan
traffic for my customers but since we don't live in a simple world there are
always non-microsoft systems around the network that could take advantage of
ipsec but i've never got into trying to make them talk ipsec with the rest of
the domain.

Nowdays almost any OS can talk IPSec but we miss guidelines on how to
implement it with IPSec and Domain Isolation on Linux, UNIX-Based systems,
ecc..; in many scenarios i have to deal with legacy IBM systems running OS400
or linux systems and it's a shame to make exceptions to these systems.

I'd like to know if any of you digged into this matter and what your
consideration are on the subject.

  • Re: IPSEC not blocking specific IP address per Ethereal
    ... "Introduction to Server and Domain Isolation with Microsoft Windows" ... This is the place to start if you are new to IPsec or domain isolation. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: IPSEC not blocking specific IP address per Ethereal
    ... "Introduction to Server and Domain Isolation with Microsoft Windows" ... This is the place to start if you are new to IPsec or domain isolation. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Interaction between ipfw, IPSEC and natd
    ... > Is there any documentation on how ipfw, natd and IPSEC interact with each ... > - when packets are re-injected by natd, where in the whole system are they ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: 802.1x
    ... consider using ipsec for domain isolation to protect your network which can ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: CERT and IPSEC and SSH
    ... > IPsec protects all traffic between hosts it has been setup for; ... > setup on both sides. ... IPSEC with other implementations of IPSEC? ... Sol 9 documentation, setting up IPSEC to work with another Solaris ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)