Re: Windows Firewall

"Panda_man" <Pandaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:55FCA685-6159-40FC-B515-66D22CF54C11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Roger Abell [MVP]" wrote:

"Panda_man" <Pandaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:97D334A8-CC89-4A93-B2E7-58793B8E5B33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi ARLK! Ensure there is no 3rd party security software to block
Windows
Firewall (Internet Security suits or other firewall) . If you have such
you
don't need Windows Firewall .

However , if this is not the case , you are very likely to be infected
by
malicious software . Check using antivirus and antispyware software

unless this is not a standalone and the domain is controlling this

Yes , I simply considered the OP home user and I forgot to mention this
option . Thank you for additing it . Regards!

No problem, and thanks for understanding the intent. It gets a bit involved
at times to state things in scenario neutral way.

Roger

  • Re: Windows Firewall
    ... Firewall (Internet Security suits or other firewall). ... malicious software. ... Address problems with Windows Firewall: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: OT - ask EU: which first, firewall or antivirus?
    ... I'm obviously going to download, transfer via USB, and install some ... should be given this treatment - firewall, AV, or both? ... I do, however, allow MS's malicious software removal ... the ultimate MSRT is a GNU/Linux install disk. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: OT - ask EU: which first, firewall or antivirus?
    ... I'm obviously going to download, transfer via USB, and install some ... should be given this treatment - firewall, AV, or both? ... I do, however, allow MS's malicious software removal ... If you've reached the point where AV needs to remove a virus, ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: One more reason to say "Fuck Starforce"
    ... You don't think malicious software programmers know how to tunnel ... the vast majority of malware writers are hacks, ... The main point of having a software firewall is finding out if your ... protect you from a dedicated hacker trying to gain access to your ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Windows Updates
    ... I only accepted 6 - the other one was the Malicious Software Removal ... For instance my AVG came with a firewall which when updated exhibited ... so I disabled it and re-activated Windows ... skipped the Windows update? ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)