Re: Virus List

David H. Lipman wrote:
From: "Arif Mehal" <arifmehal@xxxxxxxxxxx>

| How many Virus are there at the moment?

That's a loaded question.

Do you mean malware in general ?
{ many call all forms of malware a virus even when it is non-viral }

Or do you mean true viruses ?

Or the OP could simply do some of his own research.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=virus+database&btnG=Google+Search

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... >> Malware doesn't make arbitrary changes, ... > so data diddlers don't exist? ... is the now extinct Ripper boot virus. ... As to disinfection vs integrity restoration, everything disinfection can do, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... >> Malware doesn't make arbitrary changes, ... > so data diddlers don't exist? ... is the now extinct Ripper boot virus. ... As to disinfection vs integrity restoration, everything disinfection can do, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: RFC: virus handling
    ... > the virus or the test conducted. ... English speakers where the malware in question was not forged from some ... > their infection and should thereafter be disconnected entirely or ... Connect to open wireless network. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Stupid virus related question here...
    ... The purposes of viruses and malware can be most anything from simple ... I haven't had a virus in years, but I have to wonder how long you've ... I NEVER click on unknown links. ... You should expect that your machine will be infecting ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)