Re: Public - Private key

The short answer to (1) is that asymmetric encryption requires one key
to encrypt and a different key to decrypt. Mathematically, P1 can only
decrypt A1 and likewise A1 can only decrypt P1.

The answer to (2) is that a utility which derives a private key from a
given public key would of course break the system, because then
anything could be decrypted. Crypto systems are designed to resist
such attacks. There may be ways to do it (reaction attacks against
known plain text comes to mind) but they are not much of a risk.

Regards,

J Wolfgang Goerlich

On Jun 28, 11:46 am, amsical <amsi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>