Re: security centre Help

Windows Firewall does not prevent you from downloading programs. Several security suites will disable the Windows Firewall and even the Security Center. What makes you think the Windows Firewall is blocking program downloads.

"Cass" <Cass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:76D7D6BA-6D7C-448B-B366-C55DE6D08E6C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Im not running any security at the moment, I have Trend Micro, but I need to
switch windows firewall off to download progs, I am unable to do this because
my security has somehow been switched off....

> Does anyone know how to enable the Security Centre service, I clicked > to
> turn off my firewall and I got a windows message saying that the > service
> has
> been stopped, and to restart it, well I havent a clue how to do > that,
> helppp????

Are you running any Security suite?

.