Re: security centre Help

Windows Firewall does not prevent you from downloading programs. Several security suites will disable the Windows Firewall and even the Security Center. What makes you think the Windows Firewall is blocking program downloads.

"Cass" <Cass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:76D7D6BA-6D7C-448B-B366-C55DE6D08E6C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Im not running any security at the moment, I have Trend Micro, but I need to
switch windows firewall off to download progs, I am unable to do this because
my security has somehow been switched off....

> Does anyone know how to enable the Security Centre service, I clicked > to
> turn off my firewall and I got a windows message saying that the > service
> has
> been stopped, and to restart it, well I havent a clue how to do > that,
> helppp????

Are you running any Security suite?

  • Re: Anti-Virus Suggestions Please
    ... Why You Don't Need Your Anti-Virus Program to Scan Your E-Mail ... "...Windows Defender did excel in behavior-based protection, ... traffic will not in any way enhance the security of your os, ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a fantastic job ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Recurrent question
    ... >> applications from communicating outbound. ... Which is why the Windows Firewall is sufficient. ... Security needs to be reliable otherwise you don't have security. ... Because they are reliable in the scenarios they are made for. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: KB946648 Setup Error Message Heard back from McAfee
    ... Downloading the updates coming from Microsoft is always recommend as it brings extra security to your computer aside from the security program you have installed on your computer like McAfee Security Suite. ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... >> installation or you repair a Windows XP installation ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • ActiveX problem and virus infection
    ... "your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on ... when my Windows desktop is loading, ... problem hasn't prevented me from downloading and installing the ...
  • Re: Event ID 861
    ... I installed SQL Server 2008 Express recently and it appeared to install IIS. ... If your security auditing policy includes auditing of failures ... your security event logs will be filling up ... The Windows Firewall has detected an application listening for incoming ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)