"David H. Lipman" wrote:

From: "Zakynthos" <Zakynthos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| My computer is infected with this virus/worm and my antivirus program (Avast)
| is unable to quarantine/remove/rename/move it etc. although I do know the
| path from the dialogue box.
|
| My Windows folder is now showing 15 Gb (with only a 14 Gb hard drive) and I
| believe the virus is copying the contents of Windows to that folder on boot
| (???)
|
| How can I get rid of this virus/worm/trojan?

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Possible Virus; Need Xp Gurus Help
    ... missing from Norton. ... opinion" av scanner). ... Please download, install and update the following software... ... I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode. ...
  • Re: ssk.exe surfsidekick
    ... you did not have load of 'virii' or 'viri' as there is no such terminolgy. ... It is HIGHLY suggested that you get the administrator password so you can logon in Safe Mode ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ... needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: req help: norton cannot delete eied s7 c 77.exe download.trojan
    ... Fix fails, quarantine fails, delete fails, ... Use the following Multi AV scanner tool. ... McAfee and Trend, scan in Safe Mode. ... Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL -- ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: SOS: Trojan on XP is not permitting to function any application
    ... I could run AVG scanner and removed 29 instances of trojan ... and Safe mode with command prompt is working. ... Anything else which might have gone wrong while removing the trojan ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
  • Re: W32.Chod.D (aka Backdoor.Win32.Landis.o)
    ... | I found out the virus from symantic and kaspersky online scanners, ... | I can't access it and neither can I go to safe mode. ... Line Scanners to remove viruses, ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)