Port Scanning

I was notified by a network administrator that one of our servers is
running a full port scan on their network. How can I detect how this is
being done on our server. They sent a log that shows the Time Stamp,
Attack, Source IP, and Destination IP.

The server is a Windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0.

  • Re: Question on IIS servers and reverse lookup ... found answer
    ... netbios over TCP/IP on the interface your web server uses to talk to the ... There's a huge list of steps to take to secure an IIS ... logs) in addition to the low-level packet capture. ... packet is being sent to that UDP:137 port. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: HttpHandler not working
    ... !>have anything to do with the non default port that I am using?? ... The 404 Page not found error from IIS is typical error message for permission problems. ... But when I run it from our web app server (Windows Server 2003-R2, ... and automatically has read rights to the datafeed directory in your development box.. ...
  • Re: Can I run an Internet web server from a Win2K computer?
    ... You can deffinately run an internet website from IIS on Windows 2000 Pro., ... Be aware though, that there can be no more than 10 simultaneous connections, but for your homegrown website, I would think that this is not a problem. ... You will have to set up your broadband router to forward incoming HTTP connections on port 80 to the computer hosting the website ... I'm trying to use the web server that comes with Windows 2000 ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: ISA2004 SP2: EventID 14148
    ... Please do not send email directly to this alias. ... is that it does work on Small Business Server ... IIS 6.0 and host headers. ... The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to 218.188.188.188 port ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)
  • Re: Am I hacked? IIS dying, telnet localhost 443 gives: Hallo, Willkommen auf Compactzone Stro!
    ... miscreant has remote access to the box with admin rights. ... I have a server running IIS and I ... When I try to telnet the server using port 443 I get the same ...