Re: Windows Integrated Authentication vs IE session credentials

Internet Explorer will first use your Windows session credentials. If
these fail, it will prompt you to enter in site-specific credentials.
This process will be repeated for all Windows-integrated websites that
you visit.

Internet Explorer will not reuse site-specific credentials from one
site on another. The site is identified by the URL or IP address. To
demonstrate this, logon to a Windows-integrated site using the URL.
Then, in the same IE browser window, enter in site using the IP
address. You will be prompted to re-authenticate.

J Wolfgang Goerlich

Scewbedew wrote:
When accessing a web site that requires authentication, I'm only required to
log on once; after that my logon credentials are active for that IE session
(I believe).

Assume that I log on to this site with logon credentials that are separate
from my Windows logon.

Now, if I - using that logged-on session - accesses another web site that is
configured for Windows Integrated Authentication - what will happen? Will the
browser try to use the credentials active for that session, or will it always
ignore those in favour of the Windows logon credentials?

  • Re: How to close LAN session and login as another credentials
    ... > currently running file sharing session and login as another credentils on ... Windows has to authenticate for different ... > credentials to access that folder but it don't so, ... connections to the same server with different credentials. ...
  • RE: synchronizing domain user Local cached credentials with domain
    ... Would you mind emailing me your script? ... windows taskbar bubble which would indicate that their password needs to be ... locally cached credentials are out of sync with domain credentials. ...
  • Thanks!!
    ... login prompt and I can get in/open the document or do whatever I was doing. ... lets me through as it should using Windows Authentication. ... You are prompted to enter your credentials when you access an FQDN site by using a Windows Vista-based client computer that has no proxy configured ...
  • Cached Password Issue???
    ... cannot browse the server. ... shares if I supply the same credentials however. ... Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem with control hosted in IE
    ... The control is running on the client machine, so the default credentials are ... These will be the Windows logon from the ... > I logon to another machine using a local account (not one that the IIS ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)