Re: Information in Computer Management tool

From: "matriloch" <matriloch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| If I could afford solution number 1, I wouldn't be posting here.
|
| <deleting all partitions and formatting the drive. Do not connect to the
| Internet until you have installed Service Pack 2 and have the Windows
| Firewall active and an antivirus program installed.>
|
| I do this at least twice a week, exactly as you described.
|
| My computer is not infected, or one of the antivirus/antispyware programs
| would have picked it up.
|
| < Your computer is not infected and you don't understand what you are
| seeing.>
|
| Say what?
|
| I'm fairly certain that someone is using an NT logon on my computer and
| controlling it that way, as a supposedly legitimate user, hence the NT user
| entries in the Administrative Computer Management tool.

You may be concvinced but I am not and I side with -- "Your computer is not infected and you
don't understand what you are seeing"

There is DEFINITELY something wrong if you are "deleting all partitions and formatting the
drive" and as you have said... "I do this at least twice a week, exactly as you described".
Damn, I go YEARS w/o reforamtiing and reinstalling an OS and I play with malware everyday -
deliberately.

BTW: The statement "My computer is not infected, or one of the antivirus/antispyware
programs would have picked it up."
can very well be a faux conclusion based upon the Faklse Negative syndrome. You haven't
posted what software you scanned with and w/o that information one can NOT draw a conclusion
you are not infected.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Reinstall not working for Vista Home Prem.
    ... Instead of just formatting the partitions that are there try deleting all partitions. ... -then I formated all drives ...
  • Re: Migrating newby looking for help
    ... Linux has many programs for formatting an unformatted partition. ... When you boot the cd to install linux on the hard drive, ... Normally you need a minimum of two partitions for linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Compact Flash Devices
    ... After formatting the CF as FAT32, we are able to create 2 ... partitions, and boot from the primary partition. ... I install a floppy DOS Boot Disk on my Target, ... We have been working with a Silicon Systems CF fixed device (not ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: ADFS and partitions?
    ... formatting it on the RO4.02 RPC, ... I can only assume if it does that ADFS is reading the ... to recognise the disc, since the number of entries isn't one. ... It will be ignored as ADFS does not support partitions. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: Strange formatting results with Advanced Server 2.1
    ... is says that it is formatting, ... delete all the partitions with fdisk. ... > During Linux install, ... all the partitions were formatted as ext3. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)