Re: People hacking into my FTP server and legal recourse against them

"Spin" <Spin@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have an FTP server setup at my home. I occasionally see automated bot
hack attempts into it. Of course then I go in and block the IP address
although this is really like plugging holes in a dike by using your
fingers.

Question: Is there any legal recourse I can take against owners of IP
addresses recorded by my event logs as obvious hack attempts into my
system?

It is extremely unlikely. Rarely if ever does this happen. It is best to
protect yourself from such scans and then ignore them.

.