Re: requesting cert from local CA: "no trusted certificate authorities available"

In article <ueGjf0cAHHA.4592@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, in the
microsoft.public.security news group, Jason Viers <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
says...

I have a certificate authority installed on this domain controller (as a
stand-alone root CA), and I can see its cert in "Trusted Root
Certificate Authorities". If I try to launch the "Request New
Certificate" wizard for any account, I get an error message saying the
wizard could not be started because "there are no trusted certificate
authorities available", or permission is denied.

Is there something special I have to do to get the local machine to
"trust" this CA, or some other way I should go about this?

To use the MMC wizard your CA needs to be an Enterprise CA, and not a
standalone.

--
Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines
Waiting for a bus is about as thrilling as fishing,

  • Re: Outlook 2007: Certificate error..
    ... Intermediate Certificate Authorities and Imported it into the Trusted Root ... When I go into Outlook 2007 after the configuration of the Exchange Server ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Connect exchange mailbox using http "Outlook 2003"
    ... this to make sure that it is in the computers trusted root store. ... certificate on my laptop and the connection just goes straight in now. ... Outlook will verify the certificate back to the Certificate Authority ... I am running Exchange Server 2003 and am trying to connect via http ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Certificate Trust List
    ... EventID 36885 is registered when a user presents a client certificate. ... Patch the server from Windows Update including refreshing trusted root ... Install a client certificate issued by the CA from step 4 to IE6. ... On the server the following event is recorded in the System Log: ...
  • Re: Server certificate instance refuses
    ... have you configured the IIS server mapping? ... "Arek Lichwa" wrote in message ... > using mmc snapin for certificate moved the apropriate cert to trusted root ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Server certificate instance refuses
    ... The Server certificate should chain up to a trusted root on the client ... The client certificate should chain up to a trusted root on the server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)