Re: requesting cert from local CA: "no trusted certificate authorities available"

In article <ueGjf0cAHHA.4592@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, in the
microsoft.public.security news group, Jason Viers <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
says...

I have a certificate authority installed on this domain controller (as a
stand-alone root CA), and I can see its cert in "Trusted Root
Certificate Authorities". If I try to launch the "Request New
Certificate" wizard for any account, I get an error message saying the
wizard could not be started because "there are no trusted certificate
authorities available", or permission is denied.

Is there something special I have to do to get the local machine to
"trust" this CA, or some other way I should go about this?

To use the MMC wizard your CA needs to be an Enterprise CA, and not a
standalone.

--
Paul Adare - MVP Virtual Machines
Waiting for a bus is about as thrilling as fishing,

.