Re: Worm detected !!

AVG has given you a false positive. UPHClean is a program that can be
downloaded and installed courtesy of Microsoft.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"worried" <worried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Windows XP Pro SP2
Every morning I religously do my updates and cleaning,
and this morning AVG detected a Worm by the name of
Delf.QF
AVG has it in it's Vault and it says
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
Backup copy
Infected
It also said Unhealeble.
Question now is,how do I get rid of it.
Thanks for any help on this.
Worried<<

  • Re: Attack Launched within Minutes of Signing on for First Time ...
    ... Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User ... |Avast Antivirus (it updates automatically - AVG needs a manual update) ... AVG updates automatically. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Problem with removal of program
    ... Apparently Tom Willett is familiar with the network version, ... Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ... It had AVG antivirus software on the network and on her ... much superior. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Problem with removal of program
    ... It had AVG antivirus software on the network and on her PC. ... When I try to load Norton, it says I need to remove the AVG first. ... Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: auto adjust
    ... Richard Urban ... Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User ... if you have your monitor connected to a video card that has digital ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: XP ServicePack 2 broke DMA for my DVD drive...
    ... Richard Urban ... Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User ... When a CD/DVD drops down to PIO mode, it is usually due to a bad disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)