Re: help with Virus removal in system 32

From: "Kevin B" <KevinB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Hi David,
|
| Yes the AVG shows a full, clean scan. My concern is that 3 files were deleted:
|
| C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nVIDIA\DLL\remote.ini
| C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nVIDIA\DLL\script.ini
| C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nVIDIA\DLL\rundll.exe
|
| Are you saying these were not original windows files and I do not need to
| replace them? I thought I would have to find someone with an unaffected
| computer and copy and paste back into the System 32 folder.

Nope. You are good to go !

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Need help with persistent virus/malware
    ... there is nothing on the hard drive the user wants do a clean ... it/format it, and then clean install. ... I copied a folder called "AVG" ... When I tried to open the folder, it flashed for a second and closed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sys. volume info. restore
    ... AV packages can detect but not clean a virus found in the system restore ... The solution is to turn off system restore. ... previous restore points but since the infection is in there [the folder], ... but when I run AVG it comes up clean. ...
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: OT todays dirty trick
    ... "official' antivirus at work is no longer Norton. ... It would pop up from time to time and destroy something ... So now I have AVG -- it's free and it works great. ... I don't mean clean like not smutty. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)