Re: security and pipes explained

Roger Abell [MVP] schrieb:
Your application is probably attempting to make an anonymous
connection to the named pipe, and in the domain policies, quite
correctly, disallow these anonymous connections.

OK, I assumed such a this already.

There is a policy in the Security Options in group policy that
controls this (you will find these in the Network Access category).
It is pretty standard to disable all anonymous access these days,

Okay.

so prehaps, if this is your issue, you need to rethink the design of
your application's network communications.

Maybe yes, but how to make a not annonymus call to that pipe? Is this
possible? I either didn't yet see any hints to this or I overlooked them
thus far. Could you point me into a good direction?

Greetings

Markus
.