Re: virus alert

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1
(http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use. It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. **Post your log to http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7, or other appropriate forums for expert analysis, not here.**

If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA) computer repair shop.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)

Furby wrote:
i recently tried to download a video clip, was told i need,i needed
something like,,,,????codec..decided against that,,,but now i have a alert
that continues to come up on the tool bar saying critical system error.
when i click on it, i am taken to a web site called Virusbust.that wants me
to buy..my NAV says my computer is fine.but cannot get rid of this error,

  • Re: computer is infected message
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... is the preferred tool to use. ... Windows has detected spyware infection! ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: email being sent that I did not request from IE
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... is the preferred tool to use. ... If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and independent computer repair shop. ... anti virus software and Windows Defender anti spyware. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IE6 Dead and Gone
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... is the preferred tool to use. ... If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and independent computer repair shop. ... service pack 2 and everything has been working just fine ever scince - until ...
  • Re: Browser Re Direct or Similar
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... is the preferred tool to use. ... > page loads & then in the background it loads another page that links to a ... > Spyware Adware removal tools with no luck, regards Dave. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Need help on IE6
    ... Checking for/Help with Hijackware ... When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1 ... is the preferred tool to use. ... and how can I fix it. ...