Re: virus alert

It discusses how to rid your computer of the malware that has infected it.

"Furby" <furbysretreat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| that site is all well and good,,but doesnt tell me what to do
|
| "Tom Willett" wrote:
|
| > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t64565.html
| >
| > "Furby" <furbysretreat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > >i recently tried to download a video clip, was told i need,i needed
| > >something
| > > like,,,,????codec..decided against that,,,but now i have a alert that
| > > continues to come up on the tool bar saying critical system error.
when i
| > > click on it, i am taken to a web site called Virusbust.that wants me
| > > buy..my NAV says my computer is fine.but cannot get rid of this error,

  • Re: What to save before reformatting
    ... Please reply to the newsgroup ... However if you want to get rid of an installed program and you're not sure ... I recommend that you go to Malke's Malware ... Maxtor 7200 RPM secondary hard disk, and Iomega internal Zip 250 MB ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: What to save before reformatting
    ... Please reply to the newsgroup ... However if you want to get rid of an installed program and you're not sure ... whether it's safe, tell us its name and ask about it here. ... I recommend that you go to Malke's Malware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Google question (NPC)
    ... had to wipe my machine clean after some nasty malware about a year ... I'd also download: spybot search and destroy: ... They may be able to quarantine and get rid of it or at least identify ... Hopefully AVG, Panda, or spybot has been able to identify the problem. ...
    (rec.music.phish)
  • Re: Removing a half downloaded program
    ... My son downloaded IE7 halfway and stopped it. ... on another question but it doesnt work. ... Is there another way i can manually get rid of it without doing a full ... ASCII a silly question, get a silly ANSI ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Malware Wipeds in notification area
    ... it so i can get rid of the malware on my computer. ... up before you take the machine into a shop. ... MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.security)